Fact 1: Local consumers rely on the internet
- 97% of consumers use the internet when researching local products/services (BIA/Kelsey)
- 54 percent of Americans have substituted the Internet and local search for phone books (comScore)
Fact 2: More users = more searches = more potential customers!
- 140 billion local searches (on desktop & mobile) expected in 2014 (BIA/Kelsey Local Commerce Monitor (LCM) Survey, Wave 16, November 2015)
- 95% of smartphone users have looked for local information (Source: The Mobile Movement Study, Google/Ipsos OTX MediaCT, Apr 2016)
Fact 3: Having a website is essential, but it’s just a start
- 36% of respondents say that a clear & smart website gives a local business more credibility
- 32% of consumers are more likely to contact a local business if they have a website
Fact 4: It’s crucial to be visible & prominent on the web
- 98% of searchers choose a business that is on page 1 of the results they get.
Fact5: Your Reputation Matters!
- 88% of consumers consult online reviews before they purchase local services
FACT 6: Consumers trust what they read online
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
FACT 7: Consumers make quick decisions about who to use
- 77% of smartphone users contact a business after looking for local Information (Source: The Mobile Movement Study, Google/Ipsos OTX MediaCT, Apr 2011)
- 59% of mobile users who look for local information visit the business on same day (Source: The Mobile Movement Study, Google/Ipsos OTX MediaCT, Apr 2011)
FACT 8: Even your existing customers are looking for you online
- No 1 reason for doing an online search is to find the location for a ‘known’ business (comScore, Neustar Localeze, 15 Miles – Local Search Study 2014)
FACT 9: Your customers are social & so are your competitors
- 72 percent of SMBs are using social media to promote their businesses (BIA/Kelsey Local Commerce Monitor (LCM) Survey Q3, 2013)
- Seven out of ten consumers are more likely to use a local business if it has information available on a social media site (comScore Networks/TMP Directional Marketing)